The formation of Neighbourhood Plan had previously been discussed at Parish Council meetings however it was decided to formally proceed at the meeting in November 2019.
The first survey was published in July 2020 and looked at perceived Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) to help us understand the concerns and priorities of our community. More than 100 people responded.
The image shows some of the key words used in your responses.
The results can be seen on this link
Our progress so far this year includes:
· Formation of the Neighbourhood Plan Working Group
· Formation of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
· Formally approved the Terms of Reference- Chaired by Councillor Chris Whitfield (pictured(
· Engaged the support of the RCCE (Rural Community Council for Essex) – a charitable body experience of assisting and engaging other communities in developing their own plans
· Engaged the support of Planning Direct – a specialist planning consultancy
· Drafting a project plan, communication plan and a SWOT questionnaire
· Requested for Tendring District Council to formally approve to designate the whole of the Ardleigh Parish as a Neighbourhood Development Plan Area – this has now been approved
The Neighbourhood Plan Working group continue to meet once a week on a Monday at 6pm via Zoom. The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group meet once a week on a Thursday at 6pm via Zoom.
If you would like to comment or get involved, please see the Have Your Say Page.